Friday 14 January 2011

Suburban Dream - They Start Out Using

There are some things, like PVC and pan-pipes, which I think are essentially disgusting. Panpipes especially. And here they are, puffing away, with their horrible breathy asthmatic tone, in the middle of this yummy little number by Suburban Dream. And I hate to admit it, but they sound... really good. Their gross breathy quality makes a nice contrast with all the pure tones and that ticking snare.

Also, I like the idea of someone stoned playing the panpipes and exhaling all the smoke into the panpipe. I'm sure someone could devise a really annoying noisy bong based on panpipes.

They Start Out Using by Suburban Dream

1 comment:

  1. Just spotted this review today, made me laugh, yes, pan pipes can be pretty nasty:-)

    Cheers for the mention and glad you dig the tune!

    Ciaran
    Suburban Dream

    ReplyDelete