Monday 17 January 2011

Blackstreet - No Diggity (Wick-It Remix)

I'm going to learn to drive. Partly because it's pretty much a mandatory skill in my line of work, but also because my beloved Grandma has offered me her million-year-old Honda Civic (imagine the Flintstones' car, but rustier). And I want to put neons on it like this, and a couple of rosaries on the mirrors, and decals on the back window, and roll around town playing this song with the windows down.

This is a rework of a classic, one of the first songs I remember hearing (I was dancing on the cracked tiled floor at an upstairs barbershop while my little brother got his hair cut and I could see myself reflected a million times in all the mirrors, and I thought I looked so cool. I was ten years old, missing my front teeth and wearing floral leggings. I was tragically mistaken.).

It's a credit to Wick-it that I don't resent him messing with my beloved Blackstreet - this remix is lush, it's got a bit of a winterier feel to it than the original.

Blackstreet - No Diggity (Wick-it remix) by wick-it

No comments:

Post a Comment