Thursday 3 February 2011

Taio Cruz - I Can Be

I hate to admit that I like this song. Because Mr Cruz has his own brand of sunglasses, and I'm really skeptical of an English kid claiming to have a stong opinion on sunglasses when we wear them for less than seven days a year. You can smell the marketing a mile off.

But (atrocious hand-clapping rap interlude and awful sostenuto outro aside) this is delicious pop. There's a big catchy chorus and twiddly strings, and even a key-change mid-track. This is sample gold: I'm sure something will come out in about 2015 which uses that chorus.

1 comment:

  1. I just realised that this song is basically a mashup of The Verve's Bittersweet Symphony and Daft Punk's Harder Faster Stronger. That would be why I like it then. Good, I feel less sullied.

    ReplyDelete