Tuesday 15 February 2011

Hobbie Stuart - What's My Name? (Rihanna Cover)

This is a pretty special cover: he does a bit of harmony on the vocals, and it sounds so much less whiny than the original: Drake's voice is just too nasal for me. I know that's a bit rich, given how much I love Ghetts, who seems to have mastered the art of rapping entirely through his nose, and could probably perform with his mouth duct-taped shut. But Ghetts is a phenomenon lyrically, and Drake is just meh-meh-mediocre.

And I would like Rihanna so much more if she wasn't naked 24/7. Not that I don't like her naked, just that I get a bit dubious as to whether it's necessary to take all your clothes off in order to sing properly. I don't know, I'm no singer, but I just pray that Pavarotti and Susan Boyle don't adopt the Rihanna technique in the hope of improving upon their lovely voices.

No comments:

Post a Comment