Wednesday 22 June 2011

Andi - Tales That Are True

I'm biased: Joey and his brother Philip are probably the nicest people in La Paz. And so everything they make is music to my ears. Literally.

But they have good form - they made Excuse To Stay, which found its way onto nearly every mixtape I made last year (or at least, the ones I made for people I like)

They also go on amazing explore-ventures where they travel across Bolivia, being nice. They went to find a plane wreck in the Amazon. Joey has videos on his YouTube. I live vicariously through them.

This is Joey's side project - a country-flavoured epic sung in tight harmony, shot in the hills around La Paz (which incidentally look like one of the more inhospitable parts of Mars). It sounds like a country-and-western hymn, in a really good way.



You can show them some love by joining their facebook group. Only good things can some of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment