Wednesday 23 March 2011

Umebayashi/Plastician/Boss AC - Flying Daggers

OK, sometimes I write this just to show off. Here goes. House of Flying Daggers is a lush-looking balletic martial arts film/love story, with some incredibly catchy title music:



This was sampled by the ever-eclectic Plastician for the intro to his Rinse:6 mix (which, incidently, is the most convincing introduction to dubstep you'll ever get: it manages to be complex and catchy at the same time).



So far, so easy? Boastful as I am, even I have to admit that the clue is in the title of the Plastician track - he made it too easy to sample-sniff. My only stroke of genius was subsequently hearing the hook being used as the instrumental in a Portuguese hip-hop video: if you listen with the ear of faith, it's definitely there in this Boss AC track Esteu Vivo:



Boom! And that was my lone moment of enlightenment for the day, which sadly for my patients occurred outside of working hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment