Tuesday 30 August 2011

Paul White ft Guilty Simpson - Trust

I apologise for the scanty communications. Other exciting things have been happening, including me getting a job reviewing for the astonishing Potholes In My Blog.

One awesome album that I got to review was Rapping With Paul White. It's an intense album - stream it free from the label if you want a preview. This single embodies such an aura of menace, the instrumental creeps you out even without the paranoid vocal. I love music that moves me.



It's always exciting to find a new favourite producer. I like the fact he put rappers on the album (even if their verses aren't the most exciting thing I've ever heard) - it's a rebuttal of anyone who says that hip-hop beats need to be simple for a rapper to shine on top. Complexity is the new king.

Hip-hop is one of the most innovative genres we have - it doesn't have to be simple, as long as it's this good.

No comments:

Post a Comment